Whether you have a collector’s impulse, a student’s curiosity, or a shopper’s gift list, the Museum Store is an important part of the visitor experience. The new UMMA is an expanded, dynamic meeting place for the arts, and the Store offers visitors an impressive range of contemporary, one-of-a-kind, art-inspired items produced in the USA, many of them fabricated in the region. The UMMA Store offers an ever-changing array of unique gifts, jewelry, decorative items, scarves, paper goods, museum publications, art books, ecologically friendly items and additional design-oriented merchandise sourced from local, Michigan artists—all which have been carefully selected for you to take part of the museum home with you. Admission to the Museum is free, so please come in and visit the Store!
The Museum Store at UMMA, located at 525 South State Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Monday – Wednesday, Saturday: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Thursday and Friday: 9:30 AM to 10 PM
Sunday: 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Wood Art: As part of an inspired recycling initiative, wood felled at the construction site has been transformed into astonishingly beautiful pieces of wood art. Decorative and functional objects, platters, pens, bowls, pepper grinders, wine stoppers, boxes, and vases will be sold exclusively at the Museum Store.
- Architecture-inspired Items: Decorative and functional art inspired by the award-winning architecture of the new Frankel Wing and the majesty of the Beaux-Arts aesthetic of Alumni Memorial Hall.
- Pewabic Art: Hand-crafted pottery and custom-framed tiles, known for their unique, iridescent glazes.
- Silk Art by Ernestine Rubin: The printing of an image onto silk, and wrapping the body with this experience led Rubin to the development of these scarves. The one-of-a-kind photography inspired scarves often present the essential elements of water, fire, and earth.
- Local Artists: Local and regional talent shines in an inspiring assortment of handmade art objects.
- Gifts/ Children’s Gifts: A wide selection of story and craft books. Also, many fun art-based games for children and the whole family.
Your purchase in the Museum Store serves as a gift to the University of Michigan Museum of Art. Proceeds from merchandise sold at the Museum Store help support UMMA’s programming and operations.
*Note to the Reader: this content was strictly for the reopening of the Museum and has since been changed on UMMA’s website*